GOOGLE PAY REFERRAL PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OPEN TO US RESIDENTS AGED 18+. PROMOTION PERIOD MARCH 15, 2018 TO MAY 14, 2018. $10 GOOGLE PLAY CREDIT REFERRAL REWARD EARNED BY REFERRER AND $10 GOOGLE PLAY CREDIT REFERRAL REWARD EARNED BY NEW USER WHEN THAT NEW USER (BEING A GOOGLE PAY USER WHO HAS NEVER CARRIED OUT AN ELIGIBLE GOOGLE PAY OR ANDROID PAY TRANSACTION) APPLIES A PROMOTION CODE DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD AND MAKES A QUALIFYING PAYMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF CODE APPLICATION. MAXIMUM 10 REWARDS PER REFERRER AND ONE REWARD PER NEW USER. REWARDS MUST BE REDEEMED IN YOUR GOOGLE PLAY ACCOUNT WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EARNING REWARD. REWARDS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. THERE IS A LIMITED REWARD FUND. INTERNET ACCESS ON A COMPATIBLE DEVICE REQUIRED.
“PROMOTER”: GOOGLE LLC., 1600 AMPHITHEATER PARKWAY, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
a. By participating in the Google Pay Referral Promotion (the “Promotion”), either as a Referrer or a Referee (as defined in section 4), you are accepting these terms and conditions (the "Terms") and agreeing to the Promoter contacting you about the Promotion via email and app notifications.
b. You must be aged 18 or above to enter the Promotion.
c. You must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) states of the United States or the District of Columbia (Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other US and foreign territories and possessions are excluded), and currently physically located and residing therein in order to enter the Promotion.
d. If a participant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to submitting any personally identifiable information. In Alabama or Nebraska, a minor is defined as a resident of such state who is under nineteen (19) years of age; in Mississippi, a minor is defined as a resident of such state who is under twenty one (21) years of age.
2. Promotion Period
a. Subject to the availability of Referral Rewards, the Promotion runs from 00:01 (GMT) on March 15, 2018 until 23:59 (GMT) on May 14, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
b. The Promoter reserves the right to end the Promotion Period early if it has given away all of the Referral Rewards (see section 3.b).
3. Referral Rewards
a. A “Referral Reward” consists of
- for Referrers, a $10 Google Play credit; and
- for Referees, a $10 Google Play credit.
See sections 7 and 8 on how to claim and redeem a Referral Reward.
b. Referral Rewards are strictly subject to availability. Sections 4 and 5 outline how you can become eligible to receive a Referral Reward.
c. Referral Rewards are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable, and have no cash alternative.
4. Referrer and Referee Eligibility
a. Referrers. “Referrers” are those who: (i) have installed the Google Pay app (users with the Android Pay app must update to Google Pay); and (ii) provide their Code to Referees during the Promotion Period.
b. Referees. “Referees” are unique users who: (i) have never carried out a payment transaction either at an in-store or transit contactless payment terminal or on partner apps or sites using Google Pay or Android Pay (a partner app or site is one that is not owned or operated by Google); (ii) applied a Code (as defined in section 5) within the Google Pay app during the Promotion Period (as described in section 5.b); (iii) made a Qualifying Payment (as defined in section 6); and (iv) have not already received a Referral Reward (whether on their current Android device or otherwise).
5. The Promotion
a. Referrers. Subject to these Terms:
- Each Referrer will be provided with a unique referral code (a “Code”), which they can share with Referees. Referrers must share their Code with Referees during the Promotion Period, after which the Code will no longer work.
- Subject to subsection iii and iv below, if a Referee correctly follows the steps set out in section 5.b, both the Referee and their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- Referrers will only receive a reward if they have made at least one payment on Android Pay or Google Pay (either during or before the Promotion Period).
- A Referrer can receive a maximum of 10 Referral Rewards corresponding to the first 10 Referees who correctly follow the steps set out in section 5.b.
- Referral Rewards are strictly subject to availability, in accordance with section 3.b.
b. Referees. Subject to these Terms:
- Upon receiving a Code from the Referrer, the Referee must install the Google Pay app (if the Referee has not already done so), open the Google Pay app and apply the Code during the Promotion Period.
- If a Code is incorrectly applied or is applied outside the Promotion Period, neither the Referee nor their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- After a Referee has correctly applied a Code, if the Referee makes a Qualifying Payment (as defined in section 6), the Referee will receive a Referral Reward.
- Subject to availability, a Referee is eligible to receive a maximum of 1 Referral Reward.
- If a Referee applies a code from a Referrer who has already earned all 10 Referral Rewards, the Referee will not receive a Referral Reward
- Referral Rewards are strictly subject to availability, in accordance with section 3.b.
6. Qualifying Payments
a. A “Qualifying Payment” is a payment made by a Referee: (i) within 30 days of correctly applying a Code in accordance with section 5.b (ii) via the Google Pay app; and (iii) at an in-store or transit contactless payment terminal that accepts payment via the Google Pay app or (iv) online using Google Pay to pay via a partner merchant’s mobile app or mobile web checkout (where available).
b. Online payments for purchases on apps or websites owned and operated by Google (e.g. Google Pay Send, Google Play, YouTube etc.) are not considered Qualifying Payments.
c. Online payments on mobile websites where payment is made by first clicking on the Paypal button (as opposed to selecting Paypal as a payment method once you have first selected Android Pay/Google Pay as a payment option) are not considered qualifying purchases.
7. Delivery of Referral Rewards
a. Rewards are determined solely in Promoter’s sole discretion and may include, but are not limited to, one $10 Google Play credit.
b. If you are eligible for a Referral Reward, you will receive a notification telling you how you can claim it.
c. Referrers will receive their Referral Reward once Google has performed necessary risk and abuse checks. Google reserves the right to cancel any Referral Reward without notice if it determines Referrer engaged in fraud or abuse of the Promotion.
8. Redemption of Referral Rewards
a. You must have or open a Google Play account in order to add and redeem your Reward.
b. You must claim your Reward by applying it to your Google Play account within 28 days of earning the reward either by (i) copying the code and applying it to your Play account balance or (ii) clicking on the “Redeem” button in the new Play gift card that will appear in the Google Pay app.
d. Rewards are non-transferable and have no cash value.
9. Technical requirements
a. You must have Google Pay installed on an Android devices running KitKat 4.4+. Please ensure you have the latest version of Google Pay downloaded from the Play store.
b. You must have an NFC-enabled Android device to make qualifying in-store or transit contactless payments.
c. Internet access on a compatible device is required for Google Pay.
d. You must have or activate a credit or debit card in your Google Payments account. Google Pay is only compatible with certain credit and debit cards from selected banks, which you must have added via the Google Pay app. You can read the full list of compatible cards and banks here.
e. Standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply.
10. Other important information
a. The Promoter may (a) deem that a payment is not a Qualifying Payment; (b) stop you from participating in the Promotion or claiming a Referral Reward; (c) revoke any Referral Rewards; (d) block you from participating in future promotional activities; and/or (e) suspend your account, in each case if it considers, in its reasonable opinion, that you are acting contrary to these Terms, the spirit of these Terms and/or that you are unfairly taking advantage of or are abusing the Promotion in any way. This includes but is not limited to purchasing advertising to distribute any Codes. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your participation in the Promotion or from your enjoyment of a Referral Reward.
b. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, change or replace the Promotion (including the alteration of a Referral Reward) due to:
- any reason outside of its reasonable control; and/or
- the technical operation of software for any reason operating in a way that is materially different to the purpose of the Promotion, including by distributing more Referral Rewards than the number of available Referral Rewards outlined in section 3.b.
11. Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer of Warranties
a. IN NO EVENT WILL GOOGLE OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR FOR ANY ACTION OR OMISSION MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING IN THESE RULES AND IN THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES AWARDED, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. Governing Law
a. This Promotion is governed by the laws of California without regard to the conflict of laws provision.