Google Pay - Rewards Terms and Conditions (US)
Note: these terms and conditions were updated on 8/31/2018 to extend the Promotion Period and revise certain eligibility criteria. The Google Pay Rewards promotion (“Promotion”) is open to US residents aged 18+ who qualify for the $10 Google Play credit (“Reward”) by making 5 qualifying payments within 30 days of enrolling in the promotion. New users only. Maximum of 1 qualifying payment per day. Promotion is open for enrollment 3/8/2018 – 10/15/2018. The Promotion ends once a Reward has been earned. Reward must be added to a Google Play account by 12/1/2019. Certain subscriptions excluded. One Reward only per participant and valid in US only. Not reloadable; no cash value. Rewards subject to availability (see section 3 of the full terms). Participants must have the Google Pay app installed, Internet access on a compatible device and have or activate a credit or debit card in their Google Payments account. See Promotional Balance Terms and Google Play Terms for more information.
Promoter: Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States of America
By entering the Promotion, you agree that you accept these terms and conditions (the “Terms”).
1. The Promoter is giving away $10 Google Play credits (each, a "Reward") to qualifying users of Google Pay who comply with these Terms (the "Promotion").
2. The Promotion is open for enrollment from 3/8/2018 at 12 midnight GMT to 10/15/2018 at 11:59PM GMT (the “Enrollment Period”).
3. Rewards are strictly subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to end the Promotion early if it has given away all of the Rewards. The Promoter will notify you if it ends the Promotion early.
4. The Promotion is open to new Google Pay users who have never carried out a transaction either at an in-store or transit contactless payment terminal or on a partner merchant’s apps or sites using Google Pay or Android Pay. A partner merchant’s app or site is one that is not owned or operated by Google.
5. You must be aged 18 or above to enter the Promotion.
6. You must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) states of the United States or the District of Columbia (Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other US and foreign territories and possessions are excluded), and currently physically located and residing therein in order to enter the Promotion.
7. If a participant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to submitting any personally identifiable information. In Alabama or Nebraska, a minor is defined as a resident of such state who is under nineteen (19) years of age; in Mississippi, a minor is defined as a resident of such state who is under twenty one (21) years of age.
8. Only one Reward may be earned per participant.
Earning your Reward
9. To enroll in the promotion, you must install the Google Pay app (if you have not already done so), open the Google Pay app and opt into the campaign via the promotion screen during the Enrollment Period. You will see the promotion screen either after activating your first card or in the Live Feed. If you had previously downloaded the Android Pay app, please ensure that you have updated to the Google Pay app via the Play store.
10. If a Code is incorrectly applied or is applied outside the Enrollment Period, you will not be eligible to receive the reward.
11. To earn a Reward, you must use Google Pay to make 5 qualifying payments within 30 days from the date and time you successfully enrolled in the Promotion. For any given user, the Promotion will end upon the completion of 5 qualifying payments.
12. Payments only qualify and count towards your qualifying payments if made at (i) contactless payment terminals that accept payment via Google Pay or (ii) online using Google Pay to pay via a mobile app or mobile web checkout (where available). No more than one payment per day may count as a qualifying payment.
13. Online payments for purchases on apps or websites owned and operated by Google (e.g. Google Play, YouTube etc.) are not considered qualifying payments.
14. Peer-to-peer payments - made via the Google Pay app, the Google Pay website, or through another Google property such as Google Pay Send, Android Messages or GMail - are not considered qualifying payments.
15. Online payments on mobile websites where payment is made by first clicking on the Paypal button (as opposed to selecting Paypal as a payment method once you have first selected Android Pay/Google Pay as a payment option) are not considered qualifying payments.
16. Contactless transit payments made on Las Vegas Monorail or with the virtual Hop Fastpass on Portland TriMet are not considered qualifying payments.
17. Payments in excess of the stated number required for a reward will be disqualified. Submission of proof of a qualifying payments will not be deemed by Promoter as proof of receipt or participation in the Promotion.
18. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the stated number of qualifying payments by using multiple/different email addresses, or multiple Google Accounts, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, will void the participant’s payments for purposes of the Promotion, and the participant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
19. Any attempted form of participation into this Promotion other than as described herein is void.
20. Final eligibility for the award of any Reward is subject to eligibility verification.
21. If you have earned a Reward, you will receive a notification telling you so.
22. Rewards are determined solely in Promoter’s sole discretion and may include, but are not limited to, one $10 Google Play credit.
23. You must have or open a Google Play account in order to add and redeem your Reward.
24. You must claim your Reward by applying it to your Google Play account by December 1, 2018 either by (i) copying the code and applying it to your Play account balance or (ii) clicking on the “Redeem” button in the new Play gift card that will appear in the Google Pay app.
26. Rewards are non-transferable and have no cash value.
27. You must have the latest version of Google Pay installed on an Android devices running Lollipop or above.
28. You must have an NFC-enabled Android device to make qualifying contactless payments.
29. Internet access on a compatible device is required for Google Pay.
30. You must have or activate a credit or debit card in your Google Payments account. Google Pay is only compatible with certain credit and debit cards from selected banks, which you must have added via the Google Pay app. You can read the full list of compatible cards and banks here.
31. Standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply.
Other important information
32. The Promoter may deem a purchase void, stop you from entering/continuing to participate in this Promotion, or stop you from redeeming any Reward if it considers, in its reasonable opinion, that you are acting contrary to these Terms or are abusing the Promotion in any way (including, but not limited to, setting up accounts with multiple email addresses or if you provide false information during sign up).
33. The Promoter reserves the right to stop you from entering/continuing to participate in this Promotion if you are enrolled or have participated in the Google Pay Referral promotion.
34. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, change, or replace the Promotion (including the alteration of the Reward) due to any reason outside its reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer of Warranties
IN NO EVENT WILL GOOGLE OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR FOR ANY ACTION OR OMISSION MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING IN THESE RULES AND IN THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES AWARDED, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
This Promotion is governed by the laws of California without regard to the conflict of laws provision.