GOOGLE PAY REFERRAL PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS. PROMOTION PERIOD MARCH 15, 2018 TO AUGUST 31, 2018, OR WHEN REWARDS RUN OUT (WHICHEVER IS EARLIER). AU$10 GOOGLE PLAY CREDIT REFERRAL REWARD EARNED BY REFERRER AND AU$10 GOOGLE PLAY CREDIT REFERRAL REWARD EARNED BY NEW USER WHEN THAT NEW USER (BEING A GOOGLE PAY USER WHO HAS NEVER CARRIED OUT A GOOGLE PAY OR ANDROID PAY TRANSACTION) APPLIES A PROMOTION CODE DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD AND MAKES A QUALIFYING PAYMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF CODE APPLICATION. MAXIMUM 10 REWARDS PER REFERRER AND ONE REWARD PER NEW USER. REWARDS MUST BE REDEEMED IN YOUR GOOGLE PLAY ACCOUNT WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EARNING REWARD. THERE IS A LIMITED REWARD FUND OF 50,000 REWARDS. INTERNET ACCESS ON A COMPATIBLE DEVICE REQUIRED.
*Note: these terms and conditions were updated on:
14/05/2018 to extend the Promotion Period and update technical requirements for new participants.
a. By participating in the Google Pay Referral Promotion (the “Promotion”), either as a Referrer or a Referee (as defined in section 5), you are accepting these terms and conditions (the "Terms") and agreeing to the Promoter contacting you about the Promotion via email and app notifications. Google Pay is subject to the terms and conditions here.
b. You must be aged 18 or over to enter the Promotion, or if you are under the age of 18, you must have parental consent to enter the Promotion.
c. You must be a resident of Australia in order to participate in the Promotion, and have internet access on a compatible device, as described in section 10.
2. Don’t Spam
a. The Promoter discourages spamming. You must:
- Only send invitations with Codes to close friends and family, whose permission you have received to send them the invitation. Sending electronic messages to people without permission is considered spam.
- Only send invitations with Codes to a maximum of ten (10) friends. The limit of Referral Rewards that you may receive over the Promotion Period is ten (10) Referral Rewards.
3. Promotion Period
a. The Promotion runs from 00:01 (GMT) on March 15, 2018 until 23:59 (GMT) on August 31, 2018 or when Referral Rewards run out (whichever is earlier) (the “Promotion Period”).
b. There is a limit of 50,000 Referral Rewards available. The Promoter reserves the right to end the Promotion Period early if it has given away all of the Referral Rewards.
4. Referral Rewards
a. A “Referral Reward” consists of:
- for Referrers, a AU$10 Google Play credit; and
- for Referees, a AU$10 Google Play credit.
See sections 8 and 9 on how to claim and redeem a Referral Reward.
b. Referral Rewards are strictly subject to availability. Sections 5 and 6 outline how you can become eligible to receive a Referral Reward.
c. Referral Rewards are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable, and have no cash alternative.
5. Referrer and Referee Eligibility
a. Referrers. “Referrers” are those who: (i) have installed the Google Pay app (if you have not already done so). If you still have the Android Pay app, please visit the Play Store to update to Google Pay; and (ii) provide their code to Referees during the Promotion Period. Referrers will not be eligible for a Referral Reward unless they have previously made a payment using Google Pay or Android Pay.
b. Referees. “Referees” are individuals who: (i) have never carried out a payment transaction at contactless payment terminals or on partner apps or sites using Google Pay or Android Pay (a partner app or site is one that is not owned or operated by Google); (ii) install and open the Google Pay app and apply a Code (as defined in section 6) within the Google Pay app during the Promotion Period (as described in section 6.b); (iii) make a Qualifying Payment (as defined in Section 7); and (iv) have not already received a Referral Reward (whether on their current NFC-enabled Android device or otherwise). Referees are only able to claim one Reward and may only register for the Promotion using one email address.
6. The Promotion
a. Referrers. Subject to these Terms:
- Each Referrer will be provided with a unique referral code (a “Code”), which they can share with Referees. Referrers must share their Code with Referees during the Promotion Period, after which the Code will no longer work.
- Subject to subsection iii and iv below, if a Referee correctly follows the steps set out in section 6.b, both the Referee and their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- Subject to availability, a Referrer can receive a maximum of 10 Referral Rewards corresponding to the first 10 Referees who correctly follow the steps set out in section 6.b.
- The Promoter reserves the right to invalidate a Code for use by Referees after a Referrer has received the maximum number of Referral Rewards available to him/her as defined in Section 6(a)(iv).
b. Referees. Subject to these Terms:
- Upon receiving a Code from the Referrer, the Referee must install the Google Pay app (if the Referee has not already done so), open the Google Pay app and apply the Code during the Promotion Period.
- If a Code is incorrectly applied or is applied outside the Promotion Period, neither the Referee nor their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- After a Referee has correctly applied a Code, if the Referee makes a Qualifying Payment (see Section 7), the Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- Subject to availability, a Referee is only eligible to receive a maximum of 1 Referral Reward.
7. Qualifying Payments
a. A “Qualifying Payment” is a payment made by a Referee: (i) within 30 days of correctly applying a Code in accordance with section 6(b); (ii) via the Google Pay app; and (iii) at a contactless payment terminal that accepts payment via the Google Pay app or (iv) online using Google Pay to pay via a partner merchant’s mobile app or mobile web checkout (where available).
b. Online payments for purchases on apps or websites owned and operated by Google (e.g. Google Play, YouTube etc.) are not Qualifying Payments.
8. Delivery of and claiming Referral Rewards
a. If you are eligible for a Referral Reward, you will receive an email notification or in-app notification within 48 hours telling you how you can claim it.
b. Referrers will receive their Referral Reward once Google has performed necessary risk and abuse checks. Google reserves the right to cancel any Referral Reward if it determines the Referrer engaged in fraud or abuse of the Promotion.
9. Redemption of Referral Rewards
a. You must have or open a Google Play account in order to add and redeem your Reward.
b. You must claim your Reward by applying it to your Google Play account within 28 days of earning the reward either by (i) copying the code and applying it to your Play account balance or (ii) clicking on the “Redeem” button in the new Play gift card that will appear in the Google Pay app.
d. Rewards are non-transferable and have no cash value.
10. Technical requirements
a. From 5/23/2018, you must have Google Pay installed on an Android devices running Lollipop 5.0+. Please ensure you have the latest version of Google Pay downloaded from the Play store.
b. You must have an NFC-enabled Android device to make qualifying contactless payments.
c. Internet access on a compatible device is required for Google Pay.
d. To enable Qualifying Payments for contactless payments, you must add an eligible credit or debit card in the Google Pay app from selected banks. More details are available here. Cards added on the Google Pay app are also enabled for online Qualifying Payments.
11. Other important information
a. The Promoter may (a) deem that a payment is not a Qualifying Payment; (b) stop you from participating in the Promotion or claiming a Referral Reward; (c) revoke any Referral Rewards; (d) block you from participating in future promotional activities; and/or (e) suspend your account, in each case if it considers, in its reasonable opinion, that you are acting contrary to these Terms, the spirit of these Terms and/or that you are unfairly taking advantage of or are abusing the Promotion in any way. This includes but is not limited to purchasing advertising to distribute any Codes. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your participation in the Promotion or from your enjoyment of a Referral Reward.
b. The Promoter reserves the right to stop Referees from entering/continuing to participate in this Promotion if Referees are enrolled or have participated in another Google Pay promotion intended for new Google Pay users.
c. Subject to applicable laws, the Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, change or replace the Promotion (including the alteration of a Referral Reward) due to:
- any reason outside of its reasonable control; and/or
- the technical operation of software for any reason operating in a way that is materially different to the purpose of the Promotion, including by distributing more Referral Rewards than the number of available Referral Rewards outlined in section 3.b.