Google Pay - Rewards Terms and Conditions
The Google Pay Rewards promotion (“Promotion”) is open to Australia residents who qualify for the AU$10 Google Play credit (“Reward”) by making 5 qualifying payments (max one payment per day) within 30 days of enrolling in the promotion. New users only. Promotion runs from 08/03/2018 – 31/12/2018, or when Rewards run out (whichever is earlier). There is a limit of 50,000 Rewards available. To participate, you must opt in to the Promotion within the Google Pay app. Once earned, Reward must be added to a Google Play account by 15/02/2019. Once added, Reward must be used on Google Play by 11:59PM (GMT) on 30/05/2019. Certain subscriptions excluded. One Reward only per participant and valid in Australia only. Not reloadable; no cash value. Participants must have the Google Pay app installed, Internet access on a compatible device and have or activate a credit or debit card in their Google Payments account. See Promotional Balance Terms and Google Play Terms for more information.
Promoter: Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd
By entering the Promotion, you agree that you accept these terms and conditions (the "Terms"). Google Pay is subject to the terms and conditions here.
*Note: these terms and conditions were updated on:
14/05/2018 to extend the Promotion Period and update technical requirements for new participants.
On 31/08/2018 to extend the Promotion Period.
1. The Promoter is giving away AU$10 Google Play credit (each, a "Reward") to qualifying users of Google Pay who comply with these Terms (the "Promotion").
2. The Promotion is open for enrollment from 08/03/2018 at 12 midnight GMT to 31/12/2018 at 11:59PM GMT (the “Enrollment Period”).
3. There is a limit of 50,000 Rewards available. The Promoter reserves the right to end the Promotion early if it has given away all of the Rewards. The Promoter will notify participants, either by email or in-app notification, if it ends the Promotion early.
4. The Promotion is only open to new Google Pay users who have never carried out a transaction using Google Pay or Android Pay.
5. You must be aged 18 or over to enter the Promotion, or if you are under the age of 18, you must have parental consent to enter the Promotion.
6. You must be a legal resident of, and currently physically located and residing in, Australia in order to participate in the Promotion.
7. Only one Reward may be earned per participant.
Earning your Reward
8. To enrol in the Promotion, you must install the Google Pay app (if you have not already done so), open the Google Pay app and follow the in-app instructions to opt into the campaign during the Enrolment Period. If eligible, you will see the promotion screen either after activating your first card or in the Live Feed. If you had previously downloaded the Android Pay app, please ensure that you have updated to the Google Pay app via the Play store.
9. To earn a Reward, you must use Google Pay to make 5 qualifying payments within 30 days from the date and time you successfully enrolled in the Promotion. For any given user, the Promotion will end upon the completion of 5 qualifying payments.
10. Payments only qualify and count towards your qualifying payments if made at: (i) contactless payment terminals that accept payment via Google Pay or (ii) online using Google Pay to pay via a mobile app or mobile web checkout (where available). A maximum of one payment per day will count as a qualifying payment.
11. Online payments for purchases on apps or websites owned and operated by Google (e.g. Google Play, YouTube etc.) are not considered qualifying purchases.
12. Submission or proof of qualifying payments will not be deemed by Promoter as proof of receipt or participation in the Promotion.
13. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the stated number of qualifying payments by using multiple/different email addresses, or multiple Google Accounts, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, will void the participant’s payments for the purposes of the Promotion, and the participant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
14. Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void.
15. Final eligibility for the award of any Reward is subject to eligibility verification.
16. If you have earned a Reward, you will receive a notification telling you so.
17. You must have or open a Google Play account in order to add and redeem your Reward.
18. You must claim your Reward by applying it to your Google Play account by February 15, 2019 either by (i) copying the code and applying it to your Play account balance or (ii) clicking on the “Redeem” button in the new Play gift card that will appear in the Google Pay app.
20. Rewards are non-transferable and have no cash value.
21. From 5/23/2018, you must have Google Pay installed on an Android device running Lollipop 5.0+. Please ensure you have the latest version of Google Pay installed, which you can find at the Play store.
22. You must have an NFC-enabled Android device to make qualifying contactless payments.
23. Internet access on a compatible device is required for Google Pay. Standard data rates may apply.
24. You must have or active a credit or debit card in your Google Pay account. For contactless payments, Google Pay is only compatible with certain credit and debit cards from selected banks, which you must have added via the Google Pay app. You can read the full list of compatible cards and banks here.
Other important information
25. The Promoter may deem a payment void, stop you from entering/continuing to participate in this Promotion or stop you from redeeming any Reward if it considers, in its reasonable opinion, that you are acting contrary to these Terms or are abusing the Promotion in any way (including, but not limited to, setting up accounts with multiple email addresses or if you provide false information during sign up).
26. The Promoter reserves the right to stop you from entering/continuing to participate in this Promotion if you are enrolled or have participated in another Google Pay promotion intended for new Google Pay users.
27. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, change or replace the Promotion (including the alteration of the Reward) due to any reason outside its reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer of Warranties
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GOOGLE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR FOR ANY ACTION OR OMISSION MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVERYTHING IN THESE RULES AND IN THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES AWARDED, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.