GOOGLE PAY REFERRAL PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS AGED 16+. PROMOTION CLOSES 14 MAY 2018. £10 GOOGLE PLAY CREDIT EARNED BY REFERRER AND INVITEE WHEN THAT INVITEE (BEING A USER WHO HAS NEVER CARRIED OUT A QUALIFYING PAYMENT (AS DEFINED IN MAIN TERMS) USING ANDROID PAY OR GOOGLE PAY) APPLIES A PROMOTIONAL CODE DURING THE PROMOTION AND MAKES A QUALIFYING PAYMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF CODE APPLICATION. REWARDS MUST BE SAVED TO GOOGLE PLAY WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EARNING REWARD. MAXIMUM 10 REWARDS PER REFERRER AND ONE REWARD PER INVITEE. REWARDS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. NON-TRANSFERABLE; NO CASH VALUE. INTERNET ACCESS ON A COMPATIBLE DEVICE REQUIRED.
“PROMOTER”: GOOGLE COMMERCE LTD, 70 SIR JOHN ROGERSON’S QUAY, DUBLIN 2, IRELAND
a. By participating in the Google Pay Referral Promotion (the “Promotion”), either as a Referrer or an Invitee (as defined in section 4), you are accepting these terms and conditions (the "Terms") and agreeing to the Promoter contacting you about the Promotion via email and app notifications.
b. You must be aged 16 or over to participate in the Promotion. If you are under the age of 18, you must have parental consent to participate in the Promotion.
c. You must be a resident of the United Kingdom in order to participate in the Promotion, and have internet access on a compatible device, as described in section 9.
d. The Promoter reserves the right to stop you from entering this Promotion if you are enrolled or have participated in another Google Pay promotion intended for new Google Pay users.
2. Promotion Period
a. Subject to the availability of Referral Rewards, the Promotion closes at 23:59 (GMT) on 14 May 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
b. The Promoter reserves the right to end the Promotion early if it has given away all the Referral Rewards. The Promoter will send you a notification if it ends the Promotion early.
c. For any given user, the Promotion will end upon the completion of the relevant number of Qualifying Payments.
3. Referral Rewards
a. A “Referral Reward” consists of a £10 Google Play credit. See sections 7 and 8 on how to save and redeem a Referral Reward.
b. Referral Rewards are strictly subject to availability.
c. Referral Rewards are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable, and have no cash value or cash alternative.
4. Referrer and Invitee Eligibility
a. Referrers. “Referrers” are those who: (i) have installed the Google Pay app (users with the Android Pay app must update to Google Pay); (ii) have carried (or carry out) a Qualifying Payment (as defined in section 6) either before or during the Promotion Period; and (iii) provide their Code (as defined in section 5) to Invitees during the Promotion Period.
b. Invitees. “Invitees” are unique users who: (i) have never carried out a Qualifying Payment (as defined in section 6) using Google Pay or Android Pay; (ii) install and open the Google Pay app and apply a Code (as defined in section 5) within the Google Pay app during the Promotion Period; (iii) make a Qualifying Payment; and (iv) have not already received a Referral Reward (whether on their Android device or otherwise).
c. Referrers and Invitees must be physically located in and make their Qualifying Payments in the same country in order to receive a Referral Reward.
5. The Promotion
a. Referrers. Subject to these Terms:
- Each Google Pay user will be provided with a unique referral code (a “Code”), which they can share with Invitees. Referrers must share their Code with Invitees during the Promotion Period, after which the Code will no longer work.
- Subject to subsections (iii) and (iv) below, if an Invitee correctly follows the steps set out in section 5(b), both the Invitee and their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- Referrers will only receive a Referral Reward if they have made at least one Qualifying Payment using Android Pay or Google Pay (either before or during the Promotion Period).
- Subject to availability, each Referrer can receive a maximum of 10 Referral Rewards, in respect of the first 10 Invitees who correctly follow the steps set out in section 5(b).
b. Invitees. Subject to these Terms:
- Upon receiving a Code from the Referrer, the Invitee must install the Google Pay app (if the Invitee has not already done so), open the Google Pay app and apply the Code during the Promotion Period.
- If a Code is incorrectly applied or is applied outside the Promotion Period, neither the Invitee nor their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- After an Invitee has correctly applied a Code, if the Invitee makes a Qualifying Payment within 30 days of correctly applying the Code, both the Invitee and their Referrer will receive a Referral Reward.
- If an Invitee applies a code from a Referrer who has already earned all 10 Referral Rewards, the Invitee will not receive a Referral Reward.
- Subject to availability, an Invitee is eligible to receive a maximum of 1 Referral Reward.
6. Qualifying Payments
a. A “Qualifying Payment” is a payment made using Google Pay (i) at an in-store or contactless payment terminal; (ii) at a Transport for London contactless payment terminal; or (iii) on partner apps or websites (excluding Chrome Autofill).
b. A partner app or website is one that is not owned or operated by Google.
c. Online payments for purchases on apps or websites owned and operated by Google (e.g. Google Pay Send, Google Play, YouTube etc.) are not deemed Qualifying Payments.
7. Delivery of and saving Referral Rewards
a. If you are eligible for a Referral Reward, you will receive a notification.
b. Referrers will receive their Referral Reward once the Promoter has performed necessary risk and abuse checks. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel any Referral Reward without notice if it believes you have engaged in any fraud or have abused the Promotion.
c. You must save your Referral Reward to Google Play within 28 days of earning by (i) copying the code and applying it to your Play account balance; or (ii) clicking on the “Redeem” button in the new Play gift card that will appear in the Google Pay app.
8. Redemption of Referral Rewards
a. You must have or open a Google Play account in order to save and redeem your Referral Reward.
c. You must redeem your Referral Reward in accordance with its terms and conditions, including (but not limited to) any end date by which your Referral Reward must be redeemed.
9. Technical requirements
a. You must have the latest version of Google Pay installed on an Android device running Lollipop 5.0+.
b. You must have an NFC-enabled Android device to make Qualifying Payments at contactless in-store or Transport for London terminals.
c. Internet access on a compatible device is required for Google Pay and Google Play.
d. Google Pay is only compatible with bank accounts from selected banks (including Metro Bank, Bank of Scotland, First Direct, Halifax, HSBC, Isle of Man Bank, Lloyds Bank, M&S Bank, MBNA, Nationwide, NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, TSB and Ulster Bank). More details are available here.
e. Standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply.
10. Other important information
a. The Promoter may (a) deem that a payment is not a Qualifying Payment; (b) stop you from participating in the Promotion or claiming a Referral Reward; (c) revoke any Referral Rewards; (d) block you from participating in future promotional activities; and/or (e) suspend your account, in each case if it considers, in its reasonable opinion, that you are acting contrary to these Terms, the spirit of these Terms and/or that you are unfairly taking advantage of or are abusing the Promotion in any way. This includes but is not limited to (i) cancelling any transaction that constitutes a Qualifying Payment; (ii) creating multiple accounts; (iii) providing false information during sign up; and (iv) providing any Codes publicly on social media, on websites, search engines or via any form of mass distribution.
b. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your participation in the Promotion or from your enjoyment of a Referral Reward.
c. The Promoter reserves the right to invalidate a Code for use by Invitees after a Referrer has received all Referral Rewards available to him/her as set out in section 5(a)(iv).
d. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, change or replace the Promotion (including the alteration of a Referral Reward) due to:
- any reason outside of its reasonable control; and/or
- the technical operation of software for any reason operating in a way that is materially different to the purpose of the Promotion, including by distributing more Referral Rewards than the number of available Referral Rewards.
e. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.